Possible health benefits of beets may include:
- The maintenance of a healthy metabolism
- beetroot is packed with nutrients. The root and green tops contain antioxidant pigments. The beet root's color is a complex mixture of nitrogen-containing water-soluble pigments called betalains. The betalains are potent antioxidants, that act as anti-inflammatory molecules. Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress and inflammation linked to heart disease.
- beet juice contains betaine which protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress such as dehydration, excess salt, or extreme temperature.
- they are rich in another methyl donor - folate (folic acid).
- they contain tryptophan is the amino acid that builds serotonin in the body. Serotonin is well known for its importance in proper mood and sleep.
- the inorganic nitrate content of beetroot is one of the best concentrated sources. When ingested, nitrate is reduced to nitrite which then becomes the molecular powerhouse called nitric oxide (N-O). N-O is the master of regulation and controls blood flow to every organ and tissue.
Beets contain simple carbohydrates lending natural sweetness, but beets are also very nutrient-dense which qualifies them as sensible energy fuel source. Beets deliver about 2 grams of protein per serving and have a low fat content.
Hakala Research has created BeetTab, which contains 300mg of beet extract. Our beets are sourced from United States Sabinsa. Each tablet is non-GMO, dye free, gluten free, and corn free. Health care providers recommend taking between 1-3 tablets per day.